You are definitely curious about How to make money on Udemy That's what we will learn today
You will learn in this Post:
- What is Udemy?
- How can you create a course on Udemy?
If you interested in making money online, then it's probably because you like the idea of having more freedom to live and work wherever and however you want. The benefit of working online are many and varied and extend into every expects in your life. But in order for you to make the very most of this way of working, you also need to make sure you choose the perfect business model, working online on its own does not necessarily equate to an ideal lifestyle rather the benefit comes when you work online in the right way. And let me tell you creating Udemy course is definitely the right way.
What is Udemy.com?
Udemy.com is an online learning marketplace, it has a huge collection of courses in everything from programming to yoga to photography and much more.
You can create a course in a text, audio, and video formats. Every course is available on demand and students can learn at their own pace, on their own time and on any device. Udemy also a marketplace which means that they will sell your course on their marketplace on your behalf, today we'll do some marketing promotion they will offer a special deal to people if you switch on their promotions, Udemy offers courses on nearly any topic you can think of, from learning polish to creating 3D arts elements in Adobe Illustrator.
How to create a course on Udemy with simple tips
In this chapter, I'm going to cover basic tips on the first three stages of creating a Udemy course, the first stage is Planning the second is production and the third is publication.
So, let's look at the first tip, the first tip is all about getting your title right, the title is the thing that captures the attention of your potential students and it's very very simple to get this right although you can do a lot redrafting but the formula for getting really good title is Topic + Audience + Key Benefit remember the audience the student is all about what's in it for me they want to know why they should take your course, so you told them the topic and then you explain to them why they're going to benifit from doing your course. The next point is to make sure that you have your course targeted at a specific audience you need to be clear who your course is for before you even start to create it, so when you in the planning phase you need to be clear that you're creating a course for accountants or for cooks whoever it is, have your course audience very firmly in your mind during the planning process so that you actually specifically recreate that course for the audience that you have in mind. The course description is one of the critical parts of the all course creating process when you're planning your course you need to have a description of your course very firmly in mind so that you can create and cover the point I'm talking about here remember the course description is primarily there to sell your course so you need to make sure that you address the audience from whom it is intended.
This is few tips on how to create a successful course, actually, these tips are from this amazing book How to Sell Your Art Online: Live a Successful Creative Life on Your Own Terms, This book very helpful and inspiring for selling. For those who are not overly familiar with social media, it might need to be a bit more specific about some methods.
People who like to teach, explain and solve problems.
1) In-depth knowledge of any domain of your choice.
2) Ability to express knowledge in easily understood form.
3) Ability to create and record high-quality videos.
Time Required For Creating A Video Course on Udemy
Depends on the scope of the course, number of modules included and time required for preparation
1) Pick a topic in which you are specialized in.(See how to pick a niche)
2) Study the courses relevant to your topic and see how many people are interested and have actually enrolled in the course. This will give you a rough understanding of the people who are interested in your topic and willing to invest in your course.
3) Study the other available courses and find out the thing which you can offer that will make your course much better, different than other available courses.
4) Identify your audience level and then create the course content. For e.g. You need to find decide whether your course is at a beginner level or an expert level audience.The accordingly you need to create your course content which appeals to the right audience.
5) Make sure your course title and description are optimized for appealing your target audience. Try to answer the frequent questions that your audience asks in your course description.
6) Deliver at least 80% of your course in video format as it is the most engaging way of interaction. Also, keep the length of each video lesson between 2-10 minutes.
7) Build a rapport with the audience, and engage. you can always do a quiz ups between lectures to make it engrossing and interactive.
How To Monetize
1) Udemy gets a lot of daily visitors so there is a good chance that your course will get noticed and people will enroll in and you will start earning money.
2) You can even start a small blog on your course-related topics and promote your course.
3) More people sign-up for your course more money you make.