Create WordPress Theme
What is WordPress Theme?
Create WordPress Theme is the easiest and the most powerful blogging and website content management system (CMS).→ See how you can create WordPress website in few seconds
Quick Instructions to Create WordPress Theme
Take a basic CSS and HTML template like the one shown in the video.Create a folder in “wp-content/themes”, for example “sixtysecondtheme”.
Copy in your HTML, CSS, and images. To the top of your style CSS file add a comment specifying the theme’s name: Rename “” to “ ” then open it for editing.
Replace the template’s static content with PHP snippets that will call dynamic content in from WordPress. You can search download the source files to find snippets for this theme.Create a file named “ ” and use the
wp_enqueue_style() function to load your theme’s style sheets. Now you can activate your new simple blog theme!
Learn more about WordPress themes on Tuts+.
- Creating a WordPress Theme From Static HTML tutorial series
- A Beginner’s Guide to Using WordPress free course
- WordPress Theme Creation With Underscores course
- Source files for this tutorial on GitHub
Creative web designers and coders.
Ability to understand the basics of Create WordPress Theme and write HTML and CSS codes.
Time Required For Create WordPress Theme
Completely depends on the expertise of the developer.
1) Research about which WordPress themes are selling most in the market.Create themes similar to the ones that are already selling and has existing buyer market.
2) If you are targeting a specific market such as Photography, understand the needs of the webmasters in that domain are.They facing problems with the current themes available in the market?
Do they have more expectations? Research a lot before creating new theme architecture and designs.
3) Create the designs that will cater the market demand.
How To Monetize
There are many ways to sell your WordPress Themes.Mentioning a few below:
1) If you have developed a collection of WordPress themes then you can start your own website, promote it and sell the themes on your own.
2) You can sell your themes on 3 biggest online marketplaces for WordPress themes.
3) If you choose to sell your themes from the above-mentioned marketplaces then you will have to pay them 50% commission on every sale.
But the advantage is your theme will reach millions of users within few hours and you can start earning money as they purchase your theme.