CPA Marketing (Cost Per Action)
What is CPA?
CPA stands for "Cost Per Action"
CPA Marketing is one of the popular ways of making money on the internet. CPA Marketing is very simple: You get paid when someone clicks on your affiliate link (See what I mean by Affiliate link )and completes an action.
That action could be:
- Providing an email address.
- Signing up for a free trial of a product
- Downloading a mobile app
- Requesting a quote
CPA is easier because you'll earn money even if a product is not sold. Unlike Affiliate marketing where somebody must purchase a product for you to receive commissions.
CPA Marketing model works on lead generation. Many big companies are willing to pay big commissions for generating targeted leads.
Your job is to just get them a lead, they will do rest of the work for generating a sale from those leads.
1) People who love to talk, write, explain and have the ability to persuade.
2) Best for people who already own Blog or website with some daily traffic (See the full guide for Building and ranking sites).
1) Ability to promote CPA affiliate links using social media, video, forum marketing, paid ads, etc.
2) Ability to persuade and convince people through right argument and explanation.
Time Required For Starting CPA Marketing
To start CPA Marketing and earn commissions you need find an offers to promote, then get accepted by a CPA network. You can find an offer almost instantly but get accepted into a CPA network might take a week.
But, once accepted you can instantly start promoting an offer of your wish.
TOP 5 CPA Networks in 2017:
- MaxBounty - Consistently the favorite of our voters, MaxBounty runs on great leadership and a solid reputation.
- PeerFly - A younger network doing a lot of things right.
- Clickbooth - using their years of success to transition from traditional affiliate network to a programmatic performance exchange.
- CPAlead - The inventors of Content Locking, half a million affiliates and way up in the Inc. 500, CPAlead is deservedly rising fast in our rankings.
- W4 - Experience tells, and for W4 that means a steady rise up the rankings. A good, solid, professional network.
Both these sites work as search engines for finding CPA Marketing offers. they aggregate offers from all the reputed CPA Marketing networks available worldwide.
2) Select your perfect offer - if you already own a Blog in any particular niche (If not you can take this guide to build Profitable WebSite or Blog) then select an offer related to that niche. Mke sure it is relevant to your Blog and audience.
For e.g. if your Blog talks about android app gaming, then a CPA offer which pays you when somebody installs an android game app would be perfect for you.
3) Getting accepted - Belief or not but getting accepted into CPA networks has become a huge stumbling block for most of the marketers. Most of the CPA Marketing networks nowadays implement tough scrutiny to ensure that only high quality and legitimate marketers get access to their offers.
This is to prevent any fraud or any illegitimate activity.
Following are few tips which will help you to get in:
- Be honest - CPA networks filter out scammers and not the legitimate people, so make sure the information you provide is real and isn't shady Don't try to trick them.
- Know your offer - If you already know what offer you want to promote then it's a great plus point. You'll be asked about it when you'll fill the application. This shows that you are one with a plan.
- Know your traffic source - while filling your application you'll be asked about your traffic sources. So you must know how people are going to reach your offer. Are you going to promote it through email marketing, mobile ads, writing an article on Blog or anything else, you must clearly mention about it.
- Optimize your Blog - Once you've joined a network and selected your CPA Marketing offer, it's the time to promote it on your Blog. The best way to do this to integrate your affiliate links in the Blog's content.This is so far the best ways to get higher click-thru rates. Another way is you can place banners either on in the headers or sidebar section.
Always do some experiments and try to optimize your link placement to maximize your click-thru rates, but while doing so ensure that you are damaging your Blog's user experience.
How To Monetize
Commissions for CPA Marketing offers usually range from $0.10 to $10 per action. In some niches such as insurance, Attorney, Antivirus Software it can go up to $50 per action.
Imagine if you could get 10 people to download a trial version of an antivirus software which pays you $50 per install, you'll earn $500 without even selling anything.
The commissions offered are decided based on the factors such as niche, back-end product cost, product demand and supply, targeted country and so on.
In order to earn maximum commissions, it is best that you choose offers which are relevant to your audience and pay higher commissions.